Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Travelling

So because I fail at writting in a diary i have decided to write up a blog post instead. I will fix up spelling later as French keyboards are a little weird.
So im a little behind but ill start now.

Day one: 5th march.
Picked up the van from middlesex, van is called battlecar galactica. After that we travelled to folkstone to catch the ferry


Day 6: 10th march
Today was wine day! We travelled from bordaux to margaux, home of the red wines where we travelled to a info center and found out that not many wineries where open on the weekend or they needed an appointment. This area was really pretty and I felt totally relaxed here. After travelling to one winery that was open, we then headed to saint emission, which was a medieval town with fancy restaurant, poo covered public toilets and a view that cameras just can't Capture. We had to wait till 2pm to do anything because everyone has lunch then. We went to look at a underground celler and Doogs had another wine tasting. We then took battlecar galactica on the road and tried to find more wineries that were open. After stopping many times for pics and listening to much lonely planet and queen we arrived at a shack like place and did a make shift tour through a very small winerery. I had my first real experience with rd wine and honestly it was not that bad at all, I think Doogs may think he might have a new follower. Next on the list was dessert wine country and trust me, caity and I were definitely looking forward to all they has to offer. With only a few main wineries that Doogs had in mind, we set off to Barsac. Here it was hit and miss, most were shut but after trying one last time we knocked on the door of chateau de Gravis and someone answered!!! She was a amazing dramatic womean who easily could switch from grinch to English and provided a in depth tour of the entire process of wine making. I surely do appriciate my wine a lot more now. I brought a bottle of glorious de uplink which was the most amazing wine I've ever tasted! Now it was time to head home, only to go 15 mins befour coming across the moat beautiful sight so far in this wine country, ruins of a castle. We parked the car and ran inside. Beautiful! My only regret is not camping there. France is amazing so far, however it feels pretty pretentious and I'm getting over the dismissive looks and comments. However with every ome rude French person there is 5 nice, helpful ones so it's a good ratio! Eating pretty crap food (yum but bad for me) so that's taking a bit of a toll on my self esteem but I'm hoping all the exercise will combat it in the end. It's my first night sleeping in the van so that should be interesting! Everyone is getting alone mostly. With every one awkward stessed moment there is 5 that are full of laughter, so it's a good ratio :)leaving for Spain tomorrow so looking forward to some drunk times!

1 comment:

  1. Note to self to fix all spelling and grammar when I get home. IPhone does not let me preview and change things well.

    ReplyDelete